Thursday, March 31, 2016

Spring Time / Hip Kit Club

Hey there again, friends!  I have another layout for Hip Kit Club to share today.  This was up on the Facebook page last week, and I used the 2016 March Hip Kits to create it.  I combined some of the Pinkfresh Studio patterned papers with the HKC exclusive papers.  This gorgeous butterfly cut file was designed by Kim Watson, and I could not wait to use it!  I cut several butterflies using different papers and scattered them around the page.  That beautiful sketchy bird paper is PFS, and I added some white gesso before adding my Shimmerz paints to create that watercolor effect.

This cute picture of my little Paige was the perfect photo for a Spring layout!  The colors and embellishments coordinated so nicely together, and I just love how it turned out.


I stitched through the bodies of all the butterflies and ruffled their wings for added dimension.  I created a little cluster here using some of the PFS washi tape, a few of the PFS stickers and sentiment die cuts, some wood veneer and a vellum arrow from Basic Grey.  And more stitching, of course! :)


I love how the background watercolor looks through the butterflies...that is such a fun technique!  I also used a few of the Project Life cards as layers behind my photo as well as some of the Basic Grey cork stickers.  I used the Shimmerz Aqua Huez to color the Elle's Studio wood veneer.


To color this heart wood veneer, I used gelatos and a bit of water.  Some yellow tangled thread helped to make it pop against the photo and that cute cork bird.


Here's another look at the top area...that cute bird is a PFS puffy sticker, and I continued the grass green color pops by adding some thread under the photo.


Here's one last close up...the title area.  I used some of the PFS alpha stickers here and grouped them with a cute die cut bird, another sentiment die cut, more wood veneer hearts and an Elle's Studio wood veneer that I colored with the Shimmerz again.


Here's my process video showing you exactly how I created this layout from start to finish.  I hope it inspires you!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great Thursday!

1 comment: