Thursday, March 17, 2016

You Are Sweet / Hip Kit Club + APRIL KIT REVEAL!

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back with another layout share today for Hip Kit Club.  I got in one more layout using the 2016 February Hip Kits.  I still have lots of product left over, so I'm excited to keep on creating with it all!  I decided to create a fun tilted grid design for this, and I've been wanting to use one of those shiny gold Amy Tangerine frames.  They look great in a grid design, and so do the Project Life cards!  I cut two other patterned papers the same size and the grid came together really fast and easy.

Once the grid was in place, the embellishing was really fun.  I used a little bit of mixed media products to create the watercolor look...both of the Shimmerz in the Color Kit plus a few from my stash.  I did lots of machine stitching, and I used bits and pieces from Amy Tangerine, Shimelle, Pink Paislee, Maggie Holmes and Studio Calico.


I just love all of these colors and elements together.  I used some Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Lemon Drop (from the Color Kit) to color the wood veneer heart.  I added pop dots under the Shimelle chipboard flower and that tangled thread is from my stash.  The "favorite" sticker is from the Amy Tan sticker book, and I added some of those beautiful blue circle Thickers.  That amazing gold acrylic heart is from Pink Paislee...I wish I had more of those!


This cute PL card created the perfect space for a title.  I added this "Sweet" foam Thicker and my title was done.  I added a few Maggie Holmes gold stickers and another wood veneer heart to finish that area off.


The bottom left quadrant here contains even more embellishments...the cute "Ciao" frame is Pink Paislee as is the ampersand piece.  More Shimelle chipboard and Amy Tan stickers.  That cute tag is Heidi Swapp, and the enamel dots are from Simple Stories.  The sticker sentiments are from the Dear Lizzy sticker sheet.  Creating this little cluster was so much fun!


Shiny gold....yes, please!  I just tucked my photo inside the frame and stitched it down....it didn't fit perfectly, but I like how it looks.


Here's my process video of this layout being created if you'd like to check it out.  Thanks for watching, and I hope it gives you some fun ideas!



If you haven't seen the 2016 APRIL Hip Kits yet....here they are!  They were just revealed on Tuesday, and they are as amazing as ever.  Be sure to visit hipkitclub.net to get yours before they're gone!


And don't forget about the Hip Kit Club DT Call....you still have time to apply!!  It's a fabulous team, and I know you'd love it!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love your videos, but first of all I love your colors, your energy!!
    bravissima!!
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how colorful this is with all the gold elements you added.

    ReplyDelete