Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Weekend / Citrus Twist Kits

Happy Tuesday, friends!  Today I'm sharing another layout for Citrus Twist Kits using the 2016 March Add-On "Day Dreams" Kit.  It contains a large sticker sheet from the Maggie Holmes Bloom collection and a cork sticker sheet from Basic Grey.  I used both of those to embellish the layout.  I started with the light mint colored cardstock and the blue and green triangle paper from Amy Tangerine.  I cut a messy circle using the triangle paper and adhered it to the cardstock.  I went over most of that area with white gesso and then used spray inks to create a watercolor effect.


These Thickers are AMAZING!  I mean look how beautiful and sparkly they are...seriously!  I used lots of the Bloom stickers here.  These cute banner stickers were just begging to be sewn together to create an actual banner, and I incorporated a few of the Basic Grey cork stickers as well.
 

I couldn't wait to use this beautiful bouquet of flowers here...the colors are just so pretty.  I also did some yellow machine stitching around the messy circle on the background.  I added in the white cork flower as well.


I was inspired to use pool photos by all the stickers with the word "sunshine" on them.  It doesn't get much more "sunny" than summer time pool photos :)  I added some tangled teal thread from my stash and some tissue paper behind my photos for an extra layer.


Here's my process video for this page...it was fun creating a layout from just an Add-On Kit.  I hope you enjoy the process!


Thanks for watching, thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Missy! Love this layout! Nice combo of colors and texture! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete