Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Seriously Cute / The Cut Shoppe

Hey, friends! I hope you had a fabulous weekend!  I'm back today with a new layout for The Cut Shoppe.  I used the new What Goes Around Cut File, and I used the 8.5 x 11 size.  It's a great background file...check it out!


I decided to cut the design on vellum.  I had to be very careful peeling it off the sticky mat because I was using a brand new one.  I used my spatula to help get it off since there were a lot of little pieces.  I used a lot of the new Amy Tangerine Better Together collection.  I backed a few of the circles and left a lot of them empty.  I love how the vellum softens the bright colors.  I also did a bit of machine stitching on some of the circles.


Here you can see the vellum and pretty colors up close.  I added a few paper layers and some tissue paper under my photo.  I cut this cute "oh, hello there" piece from the 6x6 paper pad and then layered a flair button on top of it.   I did pull a few pieces from the Finders Keepers collection and a few stickers from Simple Stories.


I've been hoarding these white Thickers.  I finally broke them open and used this one!  I thought the white blended in too much with the background, so I used some gelatos to give it some color, and then I traced around the edges with a black Sharpie.


Another close up....more layers...more vellum :)


I used some of the Dear Lizzy stickers here...and I stitched through them all.  These seemed to say what I wanted to say, so I didn't do any extra journaling.


Here's my process video for this page if you'd like to see how I created it.  I hope it gives you some great ideas!


Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. I'm in LOVE with the vellum die cut! Such a cool technique!

    ReplyDelete