Monday, March 28, 2016

Never Let Go of Your Dreams / The Cut Shoppe

Hey there, friends, and Happy Monday!  Today I'm sharing a layout I created for The Cut Shoppe using the Girl Stuff Cut File.  I've been eyeing that adorable "Love" speech bubble for a while, and so I decided to make a page with it!


I created several copies of the speech bubble, placed them like I wanted them and then welded them together.  I used papers from a few collections...Shimelle Star Shine and Amy Tangerine Better Together.  Once I had all the opens spots backed, I went to work on my background.  I used acrylic paints, a stencil and a foam applicator to create the background design.  I also added some ink splatters.


I raised the entire cut file with pop dots and then I hand stitched around it.  I love how it turned out!  The dimension is so much fun!


I added some clear Shimelle stickers, a few flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons, and some Dear Lizzy alpha stickers.  There are also some small heart stickers from Simple Stories and MAMBI.


I used a few different blue shades of paint here along with some pink and golden yellow.  I love the pops of navy/royal blue in these collections!  Luckily I had some matching thread in my stash!


Here's one more look at the cut file...pop dots can really change the entire look of a design.  I really love how this one came out!


Here's the process video of this layout if you'd like to see how this page came about.  I hope it inspires you in some way!



Thanks so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout! I'm glad you didn't give up and you kept trucking. I just LOVE that you hand-stitched around your cut file. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your layout!! The bright fun colors...perfect!! :-)

    ReplyDelete