Saturday, March 5, 2016

Two is Always Better / Bella Blvd Guest Designer

It's the weekend...finally!  Yay!  I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday.  I wanted to share my third layout for my Guest Design Spot over at Bella Blvd last month.  I created this using the new Valentina collection, and it's perfect for Valentine's Day photos or any photos about love.  I have lots of photos of me and my husband, so I pulled one of us in Las Vegas and scrapped it :)

I used one of the ombre patterned papers to cut some circles with hearts.  I got that cut file from the Silhouette Store.  I used those as layers.  For my background sheet, I used a lot of white gesso and some Shimmerz paints to create a watercolor effect.  I also traced some circles and then stitched through them with black thread.  The rest is embellishments...stickers and fussy cut pieces.


I adore these sentiment stickers!  The sayings are just so cute.  That black heart piece is from one of the 4x6 cut apart cards.  I just cut a strip off and stitched it down here.  I also fussy cut that cute camera and added a pop dot behind it.  I love all of these Valentine colors!


These flamingos....ADORABLE!  I fussy cut them out from paper.  It was a challenge when I got to their little legs...but I managed to make them work...haha :D  They were just too cute to pass up.  I also layered one of the heart circles on top of my photo and added a kiss sticker.  That flair button is from my stash.


 Here's another look at the die cuts and layers.  I added in (surprise, surprise) black tangled thread.  I finished everything off with some black Color Shine.


I had so much fun being the Guest Designer for February!  Thanks to the Bella team and Laura for having me!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments: