Thursday, March 10, 2016

Hooray For Hilarious Moments / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I have another layout for Hip Kit Club to share with you today.  I'm still using the 2016 February Hip Kits...and I'm definitely not getting tired of all these gorgeous goodies!  I wanted to go bright and bold with this one, and I started with this multi-colored dotted paper from Pink Paislee as my background.  As usual, I added some white gesso first.  All the background watercolor look is from a few Shimmerz products, including this month's Lemon Drop Dazzlerz and last month's Pucker Up Pink Dazzlerz. 

I used one of the 4x6 Project Life cards as a starting point and then layered a few more behind that and kept layering other papers and things behind that.  I used that yellow sunburst chipboard frame from the Shimelle pack as a layer as well as a few Amy Tangerine stickers.  I stitched through a lot of it and then added a lot of Thickers at the bottom for my title.

(My mom and my sister might kill me for sharing this picture...haha!  We were together waiting for a concert to start at our local Strawberry Festival last year, and we just had to get goofy and take random silly selfies! :D )



Seeing all this amazing color together makes me so happy!  I combined lots of Thickers and stickers here.  I just love those blue circle alphas, and the Shimelle multi-colored ones are amazing!!  I used alphas from the Amy Tan sticker book to spell "moments."  My journaling fit nicely underneath it.


Swoon over the colors here!  I used a stencil from a past kit and the pink Dazzlerz here...that texture paste gives such an awesome finish!  I used some of the Amy Tan floral paper here, a few of the Pink Paislee cork & gold hearts, and some of the shiny gold stickers from the Maggie Holmes Bloom sticker sheet.


Black foam Thicker words...enough said!  Give me more, please!  That cute arrow is from the Amy Tan sticker book, and the "yep, this is great" is from the Dear Lizzy sentiment sticker sheet.  I love that you can stitch through chipboard Thickers with a sewing machine!


Those faces....faces only our mother could love....haha!  I created lots of layers here with papers, PL cards and stickers.  I love how it all turned out!


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I put this page together from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy it!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a master of color! I can feel the fun emotion on this page! Can't wait to watch your video this weekend.

    ReplyDelete