Friday, March 4, 2016

Together Beautiful / Citrus Twist Kits

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm back today to share another layout for Citrus Twist Kits using the 2016 February Main "Stories" Kit.  I love this black polka dotted paper from Crate Paper, and I think it makes a fabulous background.  I added a little bit of white gesso and then smudged some aqua acrylic paint with an old gift card.  I created some layers behind my photo with a few patterned papers. I wanted the yellow to pop...that's one of the Seven Paper papers, and it's so bright and fun. 

I ran the pink & wood grain ombre paper through my Cameo and cut that cute heart and layered it behind the layers.  I also wanted to use those awesome Pink Paislee acrylic HELLO letters at the bottom of the page.


I went over the letters with the acrylic paint to give them a bit of a messy look, and then I created a little cluster on top.  I cut some paper strips and hand cut a heart out of the CTK exclusive paper.  I stitched through it all and then added a few stickers and a Pink Paislee puffy sticker.


I love these layers!  The heart was the perfect addition here, and I love how it all looks with the tangled thread and puffy stickers added in.


I fussy cut "beautiful" from the Maggie Holmes Bloom cut apart paper and paired it with this "together" piece.  The black "me & you" circle is from Pink Paislee, and the "this is us" sticker is from the exclusive sticker sheet.  The stamps are another CTK exclusive...every month there are new ones!


I don't know if you've ever tried smudging paint with a credit card, but it's so fun!  It dries pretty quickly, but the messy smudgy effect is really cool.  I love how it looks!


I did make a process video of this layout coming together...I hope it inspires you!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done layout! I love the color mix and all the thoughtful details! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! I just love how that paint turned out and the pink heart. Very sweet layout!

    ReplyDelete