Saturday, March 26, 2016

Seize the Day / Simple Stories

Happy Saturday!  I'm so excited to share another one of my layouts for Simple Stories with you today!  I couldn't wait to dig into the Carpe Diem collection.  Seriously...it has all of my favorite colors, patterns, embellishments...you name it.  And it fits my little Paige perfectly because she is a go-getter every single day.  She has worn a dress only a handful of times in her life, and as you can see, she took this opportunity to go barefoot and run wild...haha! 

I started with some white cardstock.  I created the large title on my Cameo software using a fun font and then cut it out.  I used lots of patterned papers to back the letters and then went over a big portion of the paper with white gesso.  I used wtaercolor paints and some Color Shine on the background.  I used some floral stickers and a fussy cut floral cluster as layers behind my photos as well as some tissue paper from my stash.


I combined lots of bits & pieces here.  Chipboard, brads, sentiment stickers, clear stickers...I love how they all look layered together!  I just love these pretty colors, and you know the Simple Stories collections contain a TON of things!  I can't wait to use more of them!  I added some light blue tangled thread here, and I love the texture it gives.


My journaling fit right inside this little nook here.  I created another small cluster under it with a few sentiment stickers and another chipboard piece. I did some random machine stitching around the page as well.


I love this fussy cut piece.  You can tell it's not perfect...it's hard to get around those tiny stems and leaves with the scissors!  But I love how it turned out.


Here's one more look at the cut out letters.  I've said this so many times, but this is a great way to get lots of pattern and color on your layout without it being too busy or overwhelming.  You get to incorporate a ton of papers this way, and you get a fun look!


Thanks so much for stopping by today...enjoy your Easter weekend!


3 comments: