Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sparkle / Shimmerz

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a fun layout for Shimmerz using several different products.  I used the Cocoa Vanilla Hello Lovely collection for this, and I was inspired by one of the die cuts.  It says "Don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle."  I wanted "Sparkle" to be my title, so I cut it on my Cameo.  I used the cut out letters below the cut as a reverse stencil and went over them with Dazzlerz Sea U in the Mornin'.  I love how it turned out!  I peeled the letters up and then placed them above the cut and stitched through them.  The background watercolor is a combination of Inklingz, Creameez, Coloringz and Vibez.


Here's a close-up look at the Dazzlerz.  This was a really fun thing to try...you could do this with any kind of cut you create.  I backed the open letters with various patterned papers.  The blue color is Creameez Ride the Tide.  I used the packaging technique and a water brush.


I ran my page through my sewing machine on the top letters.  I used the die cut as the top part of my title, and those cute sequins are from the CV collection.  I was inspired by the colors in these cute flower die cuts that I layered under my photos.
 

This beautiful orange color is Inklingz Can't Elope.  I added splatters here of Coloringz Oh Say Can U Sea, Inkingz Gosh Garnet and Vibez Taupe of the Mornin'.


Here's a look at the bottom area.  More paint splatters and lots of fun stickers and die cuts.


Sometimes a collection can really push you out of your comfort zone to use a color combo that you wouldn't ordinarily use.  I love how this teal, pink and grey turned out together!


Here's my process video for this layout if you'd like to see how it all came together.  I hope it gives you some ideas to try!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week!


Supplies Used: 
Dazzlerz - Sea U in the Mornin'
Coloringz - Oh Say Can U Sea
Creameez - Ride the Tide
Inklingz - Can't Elope, Gosh Garnet
Vibez - Taupe of the Mornin'


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous layout! I JUST LOVE how you used the same cut file THREE times on your layout!

    ReplyDelete