Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Her Own Paradise / Simple Stories

Hello again, friends!  I have another layout for Simple Stories to share today.  I used the You Are Here collection again, and for this one I challenged myself to use it on a page that wasn't about travel.  These photos are of my sweet Reesie twirling and dancing around on the patio.  She's always on an adventure, and so I made these elements work :)

I used some of the cut apart sheets along with some of the Snap pieces.  I love the bamboo / wood paper, and it made a great layering piece.  The "Sunshine and Happiness" card was perfect, and I added another pink & orange paper behind it.  I wanted to add some mixed media elements to my background, so I used a few different sunburst stencils with some of my Shimmerz products to create some sun rays.  I also used some blue watercolors to add more of that pretty turquoise.


These alphas are from the sticker sheet.  I love how the background turned out.  That pink shine is from the Dazzlerz texture paste I used in a light pink color called Tutti Frutti.  I added lots of machine stitching once it was dry.


I cut these circular elements from some of the Snap cards...I love how the circles look on both ends.  This cute chipboard piece was the perfect embellishment for this area, and I also added in lots of cute little flower stickers.


Love these sunbursts!  More of the texture paste and yellow ink spray...I love how these colors look together.  That Go See Do is a clear sticker.


Have you tried the Simple Stories brads?  They have adhesive on the back!  Genius!   I added in some threads from my stash.  Here you can see the watercolor up close...I can thank my waterbrush for this fun look!


I added some pop dots under this cute camera, and I added some tissue paper under my photos.


Thank you so much for stopping by today...have a wonderful day!

5 comments: