Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hugs / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, everyone!  I'm back today to share a layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2016 February Hip Kits.  I used this month's Mood Board as inspiration for my page.  I used the multi-colored rectangle grid as inspiration, and I used patterned papers from the kit to recreate that idea.


I started with some light kraft cardstock.  I used a large square punch to create lots of squares from patterned papers, and then I cut them all in half to make the rectangles.  I created several strips and adhered them down.  I went over a large portion of the paper with white gesso, and then I came in with some spray inks.  I wanted to create a light and airy effect, so the white gesso helped to lighten it all up.  I machine stitched through all the strips.


I used part of Ashley Horton's exclusive cut file here (the hello bubble), and I clustered it up here with some of the Amy Tan stickers, Bloom stickers, Studio Calico wood veneer and Simple Stories enamel dots.  That cute acrylic open heart is from Pink Paislee.  I fussy cut those white and grey flowers from patterned paper, and those grey alphas are from October Afternoon.


Those Crate Paper fringe hearts....swoon!  I still have two left....I shall not hoard them....I shall not hoard them....haha!  I used some ink sprays to color the wood veneer hearts.


Here you can see the mixed media work a little closer.  I added another wood veneer heart and some tangled thread.  I also added some folded vellum under the photos as well as a few Project Life cards.


Here's another view of that gorgeous heart.  I ruffled up the fringe...look at the texture and dimension!  I really need to create some of these...they are so gorgeous!  I used the "Hugs" Thicker as my title...the whole pack of words are awesome for titles.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out....thanks for watching!


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

1 comment: