Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Collect Beautiful Moments / Citrus Twist Kits

Hey, friends!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Citrus Twist Kits.  I was up on the blog a few days ago issuing this week's  "3 to Inspire" Challenge.




The three prompts for the challenge are:

1.  Use paint, ink or mist (as much or as little as you'd like...I used watercolor and Color Shine).
2.  Use hand stitching or machine stitching.
3.  Use something fussy cut from patterned paper.

Here is what I created using the 2016 February "Stories" Main Kit.  I mainly used pieces from the Maggie Holmes Bloom cut apart sheet and created a grid design.  I used watercolors on the background and added a large die cut butterfly.  I used lots of bits & pieces from the Pink Paislee collection, and I fussy cut those cute hearts from the Studio Calico paper.


I love these fun tab pieces from Pink Paislee!  They are perfect for layering and adding details to your layout.  This fun doilie gives such a feminine look to a page.  I used a blue colored gelato here to add a hint of blue to this side of the layout.  I also used my sewing machine here with some shiny gold thread.


I machine stitched through this black piece here, and I used one of those fussy cut hearts here.  I added even more gold thread just because I love it!  This fun cork piece was the perfect touch to add on top of the cute frame.


Hello adorable puffy stickers!  I am in love with this cluster...Pink Paislee knocked it out of the park with these gorgeous stickers!


I have a process video for you if you'd like to see how I created this layout...I hope you enjoy it!


If you'd like to play along, use the 3 prompts to create your own project, share it with us here in the gallery, and you will be eligible to win a small prize from the CTK Store.  Make sure to include the date of the challenge in the title of your gallery submission.  I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy scrappin'!

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the cut file you used and how you used the PL cards.

    ReplyDelete