Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Take Me Here Again / A Flair For Buttons

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I have a new layout for A Flair For Buttons to share today.  It was up on the blog this weekend, and I used some flair from two of the newest Summer sets...Enjoy Summer 1 and 2.  They are perfect for beach photos, and so I scrapped this picture of my husband and me in St. Maarten.  I used the Simple Stories You Are Here collection...it's a perfect match for these flair!

I used one of the large 6x12 cut apart pieces for the bulk of my background and then used a bit of white gesso and aqua acrylic paint.  I layered in a beautiful cut apart piece...the palm trees and sky.  I wanted it as a loose layer behind my photo.  I used a few die cuts and stickers to embellish.


I love layering thread under my flair.  This one is a favorite...it reminds me of sand.  It's perfect for beach photos.  The neutral color makes it work with so many colors.  I couldn't resist adding these pretty floral die cuts here...they're so tropical :)


I used this die cut as part of my title.  I cut it a long time ago and I finally decided to use it.  I colored it a little bit with some ink and layered this cute camera flair over it.  Again, I added some tangled thread.


Isn't this ombre flair so pretty?  It matched the blues in my papers, and to break up the blues, I layered it on top of this orange heart with pink thread.


One last close up of the top of the layout...I layered a few sentiment stickers and a die cut.  I stitched through it with aqua thread and also layered some under the photo.


Here are the flair sets I used:

 

 

There are so many new sets in the A Flair For Buttons shop....go check everything out!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done layout. I LOVE all of the details and colors. Great way to use buttons! I'm a travel hound also and appreciate your sharing your work with your fans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous summer page! I adore those flairs!

    ReplyDelete