Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wild Thing / My Scraps & More

Hey there, and Happy Wednesday!  Oh, and Happy December....already!  :O  Today I'm sharing one of the layouts I created for the My Scraps & More Pinspirational Crop last month over on our boards.
I chose this gorgeous Home Decor pin for one of my challenges.  I just love these pillows, and I was inspired by a few of them to create a layout:  the zebra, the gold chevrons and those wonky circles.



I used the Maggie Holmes Shine collection from Crate Paper for this.  I started off by punching several circles from the geometric patterned paper.  I noticed that the design was perfect for recreating those circles in the pillow.  I used a big chevron stencil and some metallic gold paint to create some faint chevrons on the background.  I used my small foam ink blending tool to smudge the paint.  Finally, this collection has several little zebras in it, so I used a sticker and I fussy cut one from paper to add in to my "wild child" layout :)


I love using the foam blending tool because you can really add super thin layers of paint without it being too think and gloopy.  I love the light touch of gold here.  I also added in some gelatos for a touch of blue behind the gold.


I love combining alphas to create my titles.  And since I was using zebras, and my photo is of my daughter being her usual WILD self, this had to be my title :)   I've had those gold glitter Thickers for a while, and I paired them up with the large geometric Thickers from this collection, an acrylic die cut and gold puffy alphas.


I did add gold machine stitching to all the circles for an extra detail and texture, and this cute zebra looked adorable standing on top of one of the circles.


One more close up here of the photo area...lots of tangled thread, another zebra and gorgeous colors.


Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment