Sunday, December 27, 2015

Love Today / The Cut Shoppe

Hey there, friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  I can't believe it's already over.  I have a new layout for The Cut Shoppe to share today using the Bits & Baubles and Say Anything cut files.  I wanted to challenge myself to use one of the Christmas cut files on a non-holiday page.  I chose the candy cane heart, and cut it out multiple times on various patterned papers.




I used the American Crafts Dear Lizzy Daydreamer collection here, and I love how it turned out.  I overlapped and interlocked all the hearts for the background design.  I used white gesso to coat a lot of the background and then used various spray inks to add pink, aqua and yellow to the paper.  I added in some bits and pieces from the Simple Stories Carpe Diem collection as well as some shiny silver puffy heart stickers from Freckled Fawn.


I just love all of these colors together, and the texture from the gesso creates a really great look.  I added in some grey elements as well.


I used a flair button from A Flair For Buttons...I love the white and grey bokeh hearts surrounded by pink thread.  I used dark grey thread for machine stitching.


These cute stamps are from Elle's Studio.  I layered in a bit of torn striped washi tape on all four sides of the photo and added some pink stitching at the top of the picture.


I cut this "LOVE" piece from the Say Anything file.  I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Tinsel to make it metallic silver.  I love how it came out!  I used a small piece of patterned paper to back the little heart.


Here's one more close up of all those hearts weaved together.  I love that this cut file can be used for a non-Christmas project.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out...hopefully you'll get some inspiration from it!



Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment