Monday, December 14, 2015

Sunkissed / Basic Grey Guest Designer

Hey there, and Happy Monday!  Today I'm sharing the final page I created for Basic Grey as the November Guest Designer.  This is my fourth layout using the beautiful Sunkissed collection.  I just had to scrap a pool photo, and what better title than the name of the collection :)

I used a cut file from The Cut Shoppe and did lot of backing with patterned papers.  I added blue inks and gelatos as well to mimic the water in the photo.  The rest is embellishing with stickers, buttons and enamel dots.  It looks like a complicated layout, but it was pretty simple to put together.


Backing a die cut is a really fun technique.  It's also a great way to get lots of patterns and colors on your page in small doses.  A lot of these papers were busy, but by adding in small pieces, it breaks it all up.


I cut "sunkissed" on my Cameo.  I added in some of the coordinating buttons and enamel dots here as well as some tangled yellow thread.  I also added some tissue paper under my picture for added layering and texture.


Lots of stickers here!  I used some from the sticker sheet as well as some of the alpha stickers.  I also added in lots of machine stitching.


I had so much fun being the November guest...what an honor it was to be on the Basic Grey blog!  I have been a huge fan for so long, and needless to say this was a dream come true!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Cute as can be! Great job piecing those scrumptious papers into your cut file, and I totally adore the angled design!

    ReplyDelete