Thursday, December 24, 2015

Let's Be Jolly & Merry / Shimmerz Education Team

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!  Tomorrow is the big day, so I thought I would share a fun and festive Christmas layout today that I created for the Shimmerz Education Team.  I used lots of delicious Inklingz and Creameez mixed with the My Mind's Eye Christmas on Market Street collection.

I started with white cardstock and an acrylic stamping blog.  I brushed the paints on to the block and used it like a stamp.  I used a variety of red shades first and made sure it was completely dry before I started in with the green shades.  Those two colors wouldn't mix together very well, so letting them dry first is a good idea.  Lastly, I added a few gold colors at the bottom.  I enlarged a Christmas tree cut file from The Cut Shoppe and cut it out on my Cameo and then painted it gold with Inklingz Miner Miner 49er.  I stitched it down with gold thread and built everything on top of and around that.


I love all of these pretty red tones.  I used Inklingz Naughty or Nice and Creameez Strawberry Fields and Trippin' in the Tropics.  I also did some brush splatters.   I added some tissue paper, vellum and patterned paper under the photos, and I also used pop dots to raise the photos up.


Check out this shiny gold....I love it!  This is Inklingz Miner Miner 49er.  I love these metallics mixed in with these pretty red and green colors.  I also mixed in some Creameez Green Acres.

 

These gorgeous green colors are Inklingz The Holly and the Ivy and Blue Lagoon.  Using the acrylic block makes it really easy to mix a few colors together.  When you stamp it down, they'll blend together really nicely.


More shiny gold elements...chipboard and glitter foam stickers!  I used a small white ampersand here and I traced around it with a gold pen.


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I put this all together....I hope you enjoy and get some inspiration!




Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful Christmas!


Supplies Used: 
Inklingz--Naughty or Nice, The Holly & The Ivy, Blue Lagoon & Miner Miner 49er
Creameez--Strawberry Fields, Trippin' in the Tropics, Green Acres


No comments:

Post a Comment