Saturday, December 19, 2015

Believe / A Flair For Buttons

Happy Saturday, friends!  It's the weekend, and it's Christmas Break!  Yay!  Three cheers for sleeping in this morning! :D

Today, I'm sharing my latest page for A Flair For Buttons.  I used two flair buttons--one from the Lovely Words 2 set and one from the Just Hearts 2 set.   They aren't from actual Christmas or holiday sets, but I think they go perfectly with my Christmas-themed layout.  I used some older Crate Paper stash for this and did some mixing and matching.  The pink background came from a really old stack of CP that I found at Michael's a few years ago.  The tags and pieces behind the photo are from the Bundled Up line from 2013.  I used one of the green patterned papers and a cut file from The Cut Shoppe for that cute tree in the background and then drew and hand stitched the other trees.   The big Dec.25 cut file is also from The Cut Shoppe.


I've been waiting for the perfect page to use this Believe flair button, and this was it!  I love how it serves as part of the title.  I added some turquoise thread for it to sit into and then added some Crate Paper stickers and a brad beside it.


You can't go wrong with a red heart, especially on a Christmas page.  I cut this Dec.25 on a piece of white cardstock that I had actually already done some mixed media on and then didn't use it.  I just ran it through my Cameo and it cut really well, even with gelatos on it.  I love how it looked, so I used it.  I added a few chipboard pieces and a gold glitter heard sticker here and then some gold thread.  I also used some thick gold thread to hand stitch this background tree.


I must say, I never thought I'd love pink on a Christmas page, but I really do.  And I love the mix of aqua and turquoise.  These old tags made great layers, and I just (very messily) punched holes in the top and added some cord.


I added some tissue paper here, and this cute arrow clip is from Freckled Fawn.  And I absolutely LOVE how the gold Color Shine looks on this pink paper!  Gorgeous!


I decided to add these October Afernoon alphas at the bottom and play off the Believe flair button.  I love how the gold stitching looks!


I totally forgot to say that I used some turquoise acrylic paint for my background mixed media work.  I watered it down a bit and used the packaging technique.  I also splattered some using a paint brush.  I used some pink gelatos and my water brush to add the pink shadowing around the whole design.


Here are the flair sets I used.....Just Hearts 2--


And Lovely Words 2--


Make sure you check out the A Flair For Buttons shop....there are TONS to choose from and there are some for every single style out there!  And Shelley is amazing....so go look! :D

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love this layout! I'm a big fan of hand stitching and I love how the trees look on this layout!!! I've recently started experimenting with mixed media and I love the idea of using pieces that have been set aside for die cuts! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete