Tuesday, December 22, 2015

So Much Fun / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I have another layout to share today for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2015 December Hip Kits.  I just love these colors...oh my goodness!  I got a little messy with this one and used lots of the Shimmerz Paint on my background.  I used white gesso first to coat the background surface and to fade out some of the black stripes.  I used lots of the patterned papers and some of the 6x6 papers for the layers behind the photos, and then I stitched around it all.

I used one of Kim Watson's cut files to create my title.  I took the "So Much Fun" banner and duplicated it and then welded them together to create a double banner.


This is my favorite part of the whole page...this beautiful wood veneer.  You can see how I did this in my process video.  I used clear embossing powder, Shimmerz and gold Color Shine.  I love the results!


I used some of the Studio Calico tape here and layered in some of the Maggie Holmes die cuts.  I also used some of the SC mistable stars on the banner.


Here's another angle of the banner area.  I love how they stand up and look so dimensional.


I cut this big 6 from one of the 4x6 Project Life cards.  It matches these kits so perfectly!  And so do the cute flair buttons.  I added in some tangled thread for an extra pop of color.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out....I hope it inspires you in some way!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day :)

2 comments: