Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Griswolds / My Mind's Eye

It's the weekend!  Yesssss!  I wanted to share my newest layout for My Mind's Eye with you today.  I'm sure you've seen the two Christmas collections this year...Christmas on Market Street and Cozy Christmas.  I love them both, and I couldn't decided which one to dive into first.  Soooooo.....I combined them both!

I started with some of the My Colors Cardstock in Snowbound.  I covered a lot of it with white gesso and then used a few blue gelatos and some watercolors to create the background color.  I have a hard time working with red and dark green, and so to make that a little easier, I like to add in some of my favorite colors in a subtle fashion.  I think the addition of the blue lightens everything up and I just love how it looks behind those trees.

The little trees are from The Cut Shoppe, and I just cut them on white cardstock and stitched them down. 


Our favorite Christmas movie is Christmas Vacation....who doesn't love Clarke Griswold?  Haha!  Our family is just about as funny, and so these pictures of us trying to get situated for a family picture reminded me of that movie.  I decided to make it my title, and I cut the word "love" from the vellum paper from the Market Street line.  I added in a few Decorative Tape strips as well, and that is from Market Street, too.


I did go over the tape with the gesso so I could add the gelatos over it.  I love how it looks distressed and faded a bit.  I used some of the 3x4 Journal Cards from Cozy Christmas as layers behind my photos, and this cute flair is from CC.  I fussy cut the Merry Christmas banner from another Journal Card.  I love using those on my layouts!


Okay, here's my favorite piece out of everything!  This car just screams Clarke Griswold :D  I used pop dots for this.  I love the texture of this cardstock...you can really see it here.


Here's one more close-up of the top. I used some Rub-ons from Cozy Christmas here, and I did add some gold Color Shine.  Gotta have lots of gold!


I hope you enjoyed this layout...it's one of my favorites this season!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun page! Such sweet pics, and I'm totally loving all those scrumptious layers!

    ReplyDelete