Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas Elf / The Cut Shoppe

Hey there, and Happy Friday!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for The Cut Shoppe.  I used one of the new Christmas cut files for my layout today, and it's awesome!  I used Deck the Halls, which contains three fun trees.  I used the one on the right.  Check it out!


I cut that adorable Christmas tree out on white cardstock and then backed it with more white cardstock.  I covered a lot of the area with clear gesso and then used different shades of green gelatos and watercolor to add in some green to the paper.  I love how the cut file creates a lot of texture and dimension.  I wanted to give the illusion of multi-colored lights on the tree, so I used a tiny brush and watercolors to add those little dots.


Here you can see those little "lights" a lot better :)  I added some gold stitching around the perimeter of the tree to make it look a little sharper and then used some woodgrain washi tape to fill in the trunk.


I traced and cut the word "Christmas" from the word tree and used it as my title.  I cut it on white and then used some gold Color Shine to make it sparkly.  I used a bit of blue gelatos to make the middle part stand out a bit more.  I layered in some washi tape and some tissue paper under the photos.


I used a bit of Elle's Studio, Crate Paper and A Flair For Buttons for my embellishments.  I really didn't have one particular collection in mind when I made this page....so I just dug into my stash of goodies to see what I had that coordinated.


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this layout came together.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Love all of your designs! What kind of white card stock do you use?

    Happy Holidays.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the layout came out GREAT! I just love the colors!

    ReplyDelete