Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas Morning Magic / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday!  Today I'm sharing my fourth layout for the Hip Kit Club this month using the 2015 November Hip Kits.  I had so much fun creating this one!  I can't get enough of these beautiful papers and embellishments!  I used one of Nicole Nowosad's cut files and blew it up really big.  (Those cut files are all FREE if you have an account on the Hip Kit website). That O is the perfect spot to add a photo!  I backed all the little circles with different patterned papers before adding gold stitching to the letters. 

I wanted the background to look like little twinkling Christmas lights, so I did a lot of ink splattering.  I used gold, silver, teal and pink ink sprays to get these colors.  My process video will show you exactly how I created it all.


I love combining different alphas and cut files to create my titles.  I used some of the October Afternoon red alphas and mixed them with these awesome Thickers.  I cut "magic" from Nicole's cut file set on white cardstock and then used the gold Color Shine to color it up and make it sparkly :)  I added some machine stitching through the Thickers and then that cute little mouse.


This "December" arrow is another cut file available to all Hip Kit members.  I just love how these exclusive papers cut in the Cameo....so smoothly and no rips or tears.  I cut this cute little tree and painted it gold, too.  That glitter silver "celebrate" is another exclusive this month.


I love how the background turned out!  I used a pink gelato and my water brush to add some pink shadowing to the letters.  I also used one of the flair buttons and this "joy" die cut.


I think it's really neat when you can change a cut file up to suit what you want.  I think big words like this are so fun, and when you can frame your photo inside one of the letters, it's so easy to design the rest of the layout because you know exactly where you're picture is going to go.


Here's one last close-up of the bottom section of the page...just a few tid bits and layers of all the colors in the other parts of the layout.  Clusters are so fun!


And here's my process video for you....


Thank you so much for visiting my blog today....enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment