Thursday, December 3, 2015

This Tree / Hip Kit Club

Hello friends!  I have another layout to share with you today...it's a page for the Hip Kit Club using the 2015 November Hip Kits!  I am so loving all of the beautiful exclusive cut files this month.  I couldn't resist cutting a bunch of those triangle trees and using them as my main background element. 

For this layout, I was inspired by the beautiful November Moodboard.  Those gorgeous triangles just jumped out at me, and so I recreated them and made them into little trees!



My background paper is from Basic Grey Juniper Berry, and I added a lot of white gesso first to blend out some of those black loops.  After that I came in with spray inks and gelatos to add lots of beautiful teals and blues. I used some of the light teal cardstock to cut lots of different sized trees, and then added in my triangle trees.  You can see how I created those in my process video below if you're interested :)


I think these turned out awesome!  I used some of the gold Color Shine and Silver Metallic Paint Dabber to create the gold and silver triangles.  I added gold machine stitching and then adhered them down in layers with my cardstock trees.  I fussy cut "Merry & Bright" from a 3x4 card, and those cut glitter stars are from the Maggie Holmes Shine line.


These Thickers!!  Yes!!  I love that you can add color and customize them!  And I love the shadow effect.  I just used a small brush and and some spray ink to color these in.


For some layers under my trees and photo, I tore some patterned paper and cardstock for an uneven look.


These adorable acrylic shapes come in the kit...and let me tell you, they are awesome!  I hope we get more of these in the future.  They are such a fun and unique embellishment.  Here you can see how the gesso fades out some of the pattern and allows inks or gelatos to blend perfectly.  I also added in some of the Pinkfresh Studio puffy stickers here and an exclusive wood veneer.


That color!  So yummy.  I think I add teal or blue to everything I make...I can't help it!  I just adore it so much.  And it looks beautiful mixed with gold :)  I just had to add in some shiny gold thread here.


One final close-up...I added in this cute deer puffy sticker and one of the exclusive flair buttons right on top of my photo.


Here's my process video if you're interested.  I hope you find some inspiration in it!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

1 comment: