Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Tree Joy / My Mind's Eye

Hey there!  I have another layout for My Mind's Eye to share today.  I used the beautiful Christmas on Market Street collection.  I also used one of my favorite Christmas cut files from The Cut Shoppe.  I enlarged the tree and backed it with the pretty dotted paper.  It reminds me of Christmas lights :)  I used a very subtle cream colored patterned paper as my background, and I coated a lot of it with white gesso.  I used a few different shades of green watercolors to create the watercolor look.  I also added some gold Color Shine.


I just love using watercolors on backgrounds...layering a few different tones really makes it beautiful and it makes it stand out.  I used a few 3x4 Journal Cards as layers behind my photo as well as some tissue paper.  I love using MME brads on my layouts, too, and I paired this one with a few chipboard dots.


I also layered my title using some of the cardstock stickers, foam stickers and a Cameo cut I created.  Gold stitching finished off the tree...I can't resist adding gold thread to Christmas layout!


I added in a few strips of the Decorative Tape under the photo layers and then my journaling under that.


I added more stickers at the top of the page as well as a shiny gold star die cut.  Aaaannnnd more gold thread ;)


I pulled out some of the gold glitter Decorative Tape from the Necessities line to back this open star.  I love how it looks!


I still have so many Christmas photos to scrap...I can't believe it's already over!  It's a good thing we scrappers can scrap whatever we want whenever we want, right? :D

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment