Saturday, December 5, 2015

Beauty / Basic Grey Guest Designer

It's the weekend!  Woo hoo!  I wanted to share another one of my layouts that I created for my November Guest Designer spot over at Basic Grey.  I worked with the beautiful Sunkissed collection, and it's full of fun bright colors and patterns.

I used a cut file from The Cut Shoppe (Rosey Posey) as a mask.  I used pink and yellow ink sprays over the cut file and then came in with some blue gelatos.  I wanted a fun and messy background but still pretty and soft.  I used a few papers as layers behind the photo and then added in lots of die cuts and stickers .


I wish I had tons of words just like this die cut...it's so pretty!  I paired it with this beautiful butterfly that I cut from patterned paper.  I used a lot of stickers here, too, from the sticker sheet.  I also fussy cut that speech bubble from one of the papers and added some machine stitching.


I used the negatives from some of the butterflies I used in my very first layout and used them here.  I love how they look!  I popped up this cute heart sticker and added some yellow and blue threads.


I love how masking can look...and I love how the pink and yellow inks blended together to make a soft orange tone.  I just love using mixed media products!


Thanks again for stopping by today...enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment