Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Your Wings Already Exist / Bella Blvd + NEW Watercolors!

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I hope you had a great weekend.  Today I'm back to share my newest layout & process video for Bella Blvd.  I'm really enjoying being a Video Contributor, and I had the pleasure of playing with the new Illustrated Faith Watercolors for this project.  These are Shanna's Favorites, and I think they're my favorites, too :)

I created a little test sheet of all the watercolor pans in the set.  It also comes with a brush.  You know I love bright colors, and these are all gorgeous!


I used the new Addison collection for this page, and I was immediately inspired by the beautiful feather elements.  There is a whole sheet of gorgeous multi-colored feathers, and I decided to create my own using the pink, blue and yellow color scheme.  I used some feather cut files from the Silhouette Store & The Cut Shoppe and cut them on white cardstock.  I used the new watercolors to paint them while still on my cutting mat.  I left the ones with punched out pieces white and then backed some of them with patterned papers from the 6x8 Paper Pad.  I really love how they all look as a background design.


I love the mix of royal blue with the bright pink and golden yellow.  The watercolors matched up beautifully!  I did a lot of layering with the feathers and did a little machine stitching through some of them.  I used a few die cuts from the Paper Pieces pack, like this awesome banner.  I also used a few of the new Illustrated Faith Icon stamps and some older Enamel Hearts.


Look at all these colors...yum!  I left some of the open spots on the feathers open, and I love how that looks.  That fun blue heart with white dots is a washi sticker.  These new collections have a Washi Sticker booklet that has shapes and strips.


I found this amazing quote on Pinterest.  It fit my photo and the theme of this page so well.  I combined some of the Tiny Text alphas with some of the coordinating Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers from this collection.  I printed the rest on my computer in a typewriter font.  That yellow & white striped piece under my photo is one of the washi sticker strips.  I just adhered it to some white cardstock and cut it out and layered it in.


I love how these feathers curl up at the ends!  They did this when they dried, and it was perfect.  You can see on my background even more of the watercolor.  I used the packaging technique a little bit with all three colors and then added some splatters.  I just wanted some subtle color peeking out from behind everything.  And, of course, I had to add some tangled thread :)


I really love my photo of my daughter.  Her shirt has horses on it, but the colors match this collection perfectly.  And I love this quote because it fits her so well.  I used one of the newest embellishments to the Bella lines, and that is the Tabbies.  This "so cute" one is.....cute (haha) and they fit so well as layers on your photo.  I also added more thread and more Enamel Hearts.


Here's my process video for this....I hope you enjoy!  You can go HERE to view the Bella Blvd YouTube channel and see more from other CT members and more videos about the collections and products.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Missy I watch your you tube channel everyday and I truly love your work. I was wondering what size of pics. you use on your lay outs as well what kind of white cardstock you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutley beatiful work Missy! I love the feathers and all the mixed media. Stunning layout as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout. I am obsessed with watercolours and love to see different ideas for including them on my layouts. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete