Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Good Vibes / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey there, friends!  I'm back with a fun and bright layout for the Shimmerz Education Team using LOTS of Shimmerz Paints!  I decided to put to use a few of the techniques I recently featured in Shimmerz Shortz videos HERE and HERE.  The first one I did on this page was using Shimmerz Sprays on transparency film.  I pulled out several colors (all listed below) of Coloringz, Vibez and Spritz and sprayed them a few at a time onto the transparency.  I used my heat gun to lightly blow the liquid around as the colors blended together and ran in different directions.  It created a really pretty "map" effect.  As those colors dried, I came in with even more colors.  I kept going until I had all the colors I wanted.  Once it was really dry, I used a small square punch to create all those little squares.


Here's a close up of how pretty this really is!  Since the liquid can't soak through the transparency like it does with paper, it pools up or runs.  When the heat gun is added, it pushes the liquid around or fans it out.  The sprays create the coolest shapes, and when small pieces are punched apart like this, it just looks gorgeous.  Here, I have Coloringz Pink Stilettos, Pretty in Pink, & No Yoking, Vibez in Jeni B Bleu & Sunset Strip, & Spritz Four Leaf Clover.


The Simple Stories Sunshine & Happiness collection matched well with all of these pretty colors, so I pulled this cute sunshine die cut and these "Good Vibes" stickers for my title.  I used my ATG gun to stick down all those squares (which you can't even see) and then machine stitched through all the rows.


I used the white space to the left of the square grid to write my journaling.  That created just enough space for these awesome chipboard letters.  I also did some splattering with some of the same colors...Vibez Sweetheart, Jeni B Bleu and No Yoking.


I pulled out a flair button from A Flair For Buttons and added some thread under it.  I'm still in awe at how pretty these squares are...so gorgeous!


I added a few scrap pieces of paper & an old Elle's Studio frame under my photo for layers as well as some washi tape from my stash.  I used another recent Shimmerz Shortz technique here...using sprays instead of plain water to smudge gelatos.  I used a blue gelato here and added a bit of Jeni B Bleu to my finger to smudge it.  It just adds a little more depth to the color than just using plain water.  But it depends on if you're going for a specific color.


Another shot of the squares...I can't stop admiring these pretty colors!  I used a few Simple Stories brads on the page here and there as well.


One last photo of the bottom area here...I added more torn washi tape, another brad and a cute sunglass sticker just to reiterate the summer theme :)


Here's my process video for this layout...you have to check out how the transparency works with the Shimmerz products!



I hope you give this a try.  It's super fun, and you can see the result is amazing!  Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!


Products Used: 
Coloringz--Heidi Ho Blue, Well Blue Me Down, Pretty in Pink, Pink Stilettos, No Yoking
Vibez--Snow Way Man, Sunset Strip, Jeni B Bleu, Glorious Day, Sweetheart
Spritz--4 Leaf Clover

1 comment: