Friday, September 2, 2016

SpiegelMom Scraps Blog Hop Day 1




Hello everyone and welcome to day 1 a very special Triple Hop weekend with SpiegelMom Scraps!  I'm so excited to be a Guest Designer for this weekend! Today is all about FELTIES!!!!  These are awesome felt die cut shapes available in the store HERE.



The SpiegelMom Scraps Sparklers and I are rocking this weekend with 3 bodacious blog hops; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Ill be here for Friday and Saturday.  For today's hop, you should have arrived here from the SpiegelMom Scraps Blog.

Here's my layout.  I decided to create one of my favorite types of layouts, which a summer pool design.  I started with white cardstock and clear gesso.  I used a Heidi Swapp sunburst stencil and some yellow paint to created the sun rays.  I came back over that with some blue Shimmerz sprays and a gelato.  Once everything was dry, I machine stitched with yellow thread on all the sun rays.  I created my "sky" around the sun using some of the Cloudy Days and Heart Felties mixed with some cute cloud cut files from The Cut Shoppe.


This layout has a ton of texture going on here.  The Felties are such great embellishments!  I love how the hearts look layered together, and they really pop against the colorful background.  I love the cut files behind them, too.


I used some of the SpiegelMom sequins on this layout, too.  These yellow, pink and blue sequins are from the Let's Be Mermaids pack. They were meant for me because those are all my favorite colors!  I glued them sporadically around the layout.  I also pulled in some Bella Blvd enamel hearts, some stickers from Simple Stories & a Freckled Fawn puffy sticker.


My big title design is a cut file from the Silhouette Store.  I sprayed it with Shimmerz and added some yellow and pink thread behind it.  I love the fun whimsical feel of it and how it looks against the bright blue.


Here's another look at the cute Felties.  I think I could use these clouds on every page from now on!


I added some journaling at the bottom and worked it around my title, the sun ray and the sequins.


 Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I created this page.  I hope you are inspired!



Thank you for spending your time and visiting with us today! I'd love for you be in the running for the $10.00 shop credit, so be sure to leave comments on all the blogs to be entered! You have through Tuesday September 6th to comment and enter. Sharing on social media will also earn you an extra entry. Just leave another comment letting us know where you shared the blog hop event. Now, you'll be heading over to Hannah's blog. Enjoy the rest of the hop!!

One more thing...if you shop in September in the shop, use the code MISSY15 to get 15% off your purchase...woo hoo!!


17 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing layout Missy!! I'm entranced by all the texture and layers girl! LOVE LOVE 100 times!! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! I love your layers and textures as always. Those cloud felties are my absolute favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Layout Missy!!! Love how you used the felties together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! So sweet, and summery, and fun! And I completely agree about those clouds! They are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missy, as always, a fun, bright layout with lots of layers and textures. so much to take in. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super layout. So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing as always!! I really need to get a sewing machine, I love the way the yellow thread looks for the rays of sunshine!! Thanks for joining the hop!! I can't wait to see what you have created for tomorrow too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spectacular layout, as always Missy! Love the sunshine rays and the way you worked in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy sunburst! This is fantastic. I love the giant watercolored title! Great eye for color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning as always Missy!! Bright, bold and cheerful. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow,I love love love all the texture on this page! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete