Thursday, September 15, 2016

Happy Hairnet Adventure / Hip Kit Club + Exciting News!!

Hello again!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2016 August Hip Kits, and to share that I will be continuing on with the Design Team for the next term!  Woo Hoo!  Today was the big announcement of the new team, and I'm so excited and honored to stay on!  This is an AMAZING team of ladies right here...seriously!  I can't wait to for them to all start creating in October!


Here's my last project using the August Kits.  I was in the mood to layer and just have some fun, so that's what I did :)  First of all, I chose this photo because of the awesome colors in it.  They matched these papers & embellishments so well.  Also, it's one of my favorite photos because of the memory.  I went on a field trip with my daughter's summer camp last year to Olive Garden.  We got to take a kitchen tour before they opened, so we had to wear hair nets.  Clearly, Reese was not thrilled about that...haha!  The look on her face is priceless :)

I used the Prima Oil Pastels on my background and then layered one of Kim Watson's cut files (yeah yeah yeah) over it.  I cut it on a lined mint patterned paper from the kit and then created a long and big title combining die cuts, wood veneer Thickers and some patterned paper.  The Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life collection was perfect for this, and I love all the little clear stickers!  There are a lot of fun sarcastic ones that matched this so nicely.


Mixing and matching titles is so fun!  The "happy" is a die cut from the Amy Tan ephemera, the wood veneer alphas are Thickers, and I tore "adventure" from one of the Amy Tan patterned papers and stitched through it.  I love the different fonts and colors!  I added "Not So" at the top using some of the clear stickers.


LOVE this texture here!  I used my finger to smudge the oil pastels.  It's so neat how you can see the awesome texture of the cardstock.  I also added some splatters in matching colors.  I threw in some thread and even more clear stickers, like that cute camera.  I added a red enamel dot to the center.


Gosh, I just love these colors.  Mixing and blending those oil pastels is so fun because you get some really beautiful shades.  I love the contrast of the cut file and the pops of black.  I fussy cut around "loving it" and used it as a modified frame for my photo.


Aren't these stickers the best?  Haha!  They totally fit this photo.  I layered them herein a cluster, and I love that they're each in a different color.


I left a bunch of blank space to the right of the photo so I could tell the story.  I added in more clear stickers and thread and that wrapped it all up.


Here's my process video for this page.  I hope you enjoy it!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and keep an eye out for the new Design Team's work coming up soon!!  Also, the October Hip Kits will be revealed later today....YAY!

2 comments:

  1. WOOOOHOOOO...SO HAPPY YOU ARE A HIP KIT TEAM MEMBER !!! CONGRATS MISSY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with these kits Missy! Looking forward to seeing more! One day I will have to check the kits out. Today's page is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete