Sunday, September 11, 2016

Amazing Girl / Simple Stories

Happy Sunday, friends!  Today I wanted to share one of my newest layouts for Simple Stories.  I was quite excited to break into the new The Reset Girl collection!  It's so different and beautiful.   The colors are just gorgeous, and there is SO much you can do with this.  This layout only shows a tiny bit of what's in this collection.

To begin, I knew I wanted to use this super fun Cheeky Chevron cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  I chose the Speckle/Plus Sign patterned paper for it because when you fold back the other half of the chevron, you see the back of the paper.  I wanted both sides to be neutral so I could add lots of color behind the open spots.  I went through the 6x6 Paper Pad and picked lots of fun colors & patterns and adhered them and then ran each row through my sewing machine.  I smudged a lot of white gesso over a good portion of the design and then used various pinks & red Shimmerz Paints to create that watercolor effect.


I wish these alphas were an entire set, but I actually fussy cut them from one of the patterned papers.  I love the shiny gold outline!  I decided to stack them so they wrapped around the first photo.  I added a few floral elements--die cuts and clear stickers.


This gorgeous floral piece is from the Big Pieces pack, which contains really big die cuts.  It was perfect for layering under my photos.  I added some matching threads here as well.


I pulled the word GIRL from the Chipboard sheet to complete my title.  And there are a few sheets of really awesome phrase stickers, so I used three of them for my journaling.  They said exactly what I wanted to say!  It doesn't get any better (or easier) than that :)


Here's one more close-up of the area above the photos.  Those clear stickers are perfect for adding little accents to the photos, especially if there's some white space like in this one.  I love how the stitching looks...lovely added detail and texture without taking away from anything else.


Here's my process video for this layout...I hope you enjoy it and get some ideas!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment