Saturday, September 3, 2016

Spiegelmom Scraps Blog Hop Day 2



Hello everyone and welcome to day 2 of a very special Triple Hop weekend with SpiegelMom Scraps!  I'm so excited to be a Guest Designer for this weekend! Today is all about SEQUINS!!!!  There are a ton of fun and beautiful sequin mixes in the store HERE.


The SpiegelMom Scraps Sparklers and I are rocking this weekend with 3 bodacious blog hops; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'll be here for Friday and Saturday.  For today's hop, you should have arrived here from the SpiegelMom Scraps Blog.

I was inspired by the pretty peach sequins in the Peachy Sherbet pack, so I dug through my washi tape collection and found a few to work with for my layout.  I already had my photos printed in a vertical photo strip, so I knew creating a vertical design would be fun.  I used four different washi tapes to create my background design.  I used a little bit of white gesso and some Shimmerz Coloringz and Dazzlerz to add some teal and peachy orange to the background.  That messy circle die cut is from a freebie at SpiegelMom Scraps this weekend, so you can get it for yourself!  I also used a shiny gold doilie from the store as well as a few pink sequins from the Let's Be Mermaids pack.


This is my title because that's what my mom, sister and I were doing in the photos...haha.  Most of the washi tapes I used are from Michael's, and these alphas are from Elle's Studio and American Crafts.  I added some Gold Color Shine to these selfies to bring out the pops of gold I have going around the layout.


I love how the Shimmerz Dazzlerz spread so easily with a dry brush.  I smudged some on with a palette knife and then blended it until it was dry with a flat brush.  It went on nicely over the tapes, too.  Here you can see some of the pretty sequins.


I love this messy circle die cut!  It's so versatile and can be worked into any project.  And check out the pretty gold doilie...I need about a million of those!  My flair is from A Flair For Buttons.  I only used one sheet of patterned paper here, and I also added some tangled thread.


I did a bit of machine stitching for added detail.  I also used a few clear stickers from a MAMBI sticker book.  Those pink hearts were punched from washi tape on white cardstock.  That's a great way to make your own embellishments.


Here's one more close up of the right side.  I love the dimension of the messy circles!


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out!




Thank you for spending your time and visiting with us today! I'd love for you be in the running for the $10.00 shop credit, so be sure to leave comments on all the blogs to be entered! You have through Tuesday September 6th to comment and enter. Sharing on social media will also earn you an extra entry. Just leave another comment letting us know where you shared the blog hop event. Now, you'll be heading over to Alex Hunter's Blog. Enjoy the rest of the hop!!

One more thing...if you shop in September in the shop, use the code MISSY15 to get 15% off your purchase...woo hoo!!

10 comments:

  1. Love your layout. Glad to see I'm not the only one posing for pics in the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout. Love the punched washi tape hearts...fab idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I will definitely be trying the dry brush technique with the Shimmerz...what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flair and the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Missy!! I've had a ton of fun seeing what you created!! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bright, messy, fun page and fabulous video.

    ReplyDelete