Friday, September 16, 2016

I Thank My Lucky Stars For You / Bella Blvd

It's Friday....YAY!  I hope you have had a great week!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Bella Blvd.  I had a blast creating with the new Oh My Stars collection!  It's full of so many fun colors and patterns.  I love bold and brights mixed with black, so this is right up my alley!  I decided to play on the star theme for this, so I created a bunch of fun stars using all the solids & star patterned papers from the 6x8 Paper Pad.  I used some of that awesome black & white stripe down at the bottom with a few border strips above it.  That little colorful scallop is from one of the washi tapes!  I did a little bit of mixed media work behind the photo using white gesso, some Prima Oil Pastels & some Shimmerz Paints.


I scattered all those fun stars in the upper section of my paper.  I love all the mix of sizes and colors and how they overlap.  I did a bit of machine stitching through the solid stars.  I say this a lot, but I love mixing and matching fonts for my titles.  I used some of the Tiny Text alphas, the Homespun alphas, a die cut and a cut from my Cameo.


Layering pieces under the photo is such a great way to create depth.  And if you lift your photo up a little bit, it looks even better.  You can see how the white gesso faded out a bit of the color, but it also made my paints and pastels go on so smoothly.  The "YOU" in my title is from the die cut package.


Here you can see how the mixed media looks up close.  I just can't get enough of this!  I did a bit of black machine stitching as well and added my favorite thing...tangled thread :)


Okay, here's something brand new with these Bella collections...these fun Designer Clips!  They are perfect for sliding right on to your photo.  I layered a few stickers over it.  I also added one of the new Tabbies...I love all these new embellishments!


Here's one more look at the bottom half of the page...you can see how the dimension really brings life to the page.


I hope you check out this awesome Oh My Stars collection...it's perfect for those every day photos!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Absolutely beautiful! LOVE the star cut files!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title with all of the stars = awesome!! I love this Missy!! Gorgeous work as always!

    ReplyDelete