Thursday, September 22, 2016

Love Silly Smiles / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today to share my first Hip Kit Club layout using the 2016 September Hip Kits.  I know I sound like a broken record, but the kits just keep getting more and more beautiful every month.  This month is no exception.  They are full of the new Maggie Holmes Gather, Simple Stories Posh, Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills, and beautiful Shimmerz. 

My theme for this day and layout was "Clever with Stickers," so I used a ton of the Maggie Holmes chipboard stickers from the Main Kit & Embellishment Kit.  I first began with the soft pink cardstock from the Cardstock Kit.  I combined the Great Fruit Creameez from the Color Kit with some of the Prima Oil Pastels (from last month's Color Kit).  I also added some other pink and gold sprays from my stash.  I used all of the chipboard frames to create my background design.  I machine stitched through them and then created small layered clusters on them using my phtotos, paper and fussy cut flowers.  Those big flowers are so pretty, and I just had to cut a few of them out.


Chipboard creates amazing dimension.  You automatically get some height and texture, especially when there is gold glitter involved :)  I worked my title here in between the framed area and added a few enamel dots and shiny gold phrase stickers.  I tried to be subtle with the mixed media work...I just wanted hints of that coral and pink color here and there.


I can't get over how pretty these pinks are, and they look even prettier mixed with these mint roses.  I added some pink tangled thread for added color and texture.  I added a yellow Project Life card behind my photo just to add a tiny amount of yellow since there is some yellow in the leaves.


More chipboard here...this is all from Maggie Holmes Gather.  The way all of the pieces came together created the perfect little area for my journaling.  I LOVE that gold glitter heart!


Here's another angle looking at all the dimension.  I did wind up adding some foam adhesive under my photos to keep them as level as possible since they were on top of the frames.  I did add glue under all the chipboard to ensure they didn't pop up off the paper.


Here's one more close-up.  I just adore these flowers!  Believe it or not, this layout actually came together pretty fast (well, fast for me) once I had the frames down.  From there, it was just placing things around them or inside them.


Here's my process video for this page...I hope you enjoy!  And I hope you are enjoying your September Hip Kits by now.  They are truly gorgeous!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

1 comment: