Thursday, September 29, 2016

Hello Friend / Hip Kit Club

Hello again!  I'm back today to share another layout for Hip Kit Club, and this is my second project using the 2016 September Hip Kits.  I used a lot of the Maggie Holmes Gather collection for this along with some bits & pieces from Simple Stories Posh & Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills.  I also used the two Shimmerz Paints & the Echo Park stencil from the Color Kit to create my background.

This is an unusual color scheme for me, so at first it was a challenge.  I honestly had never thought about combining royal blue, mint and light coral together.  But something about this collection really made it look pretty, so I went with it.  And I have to say I love how it turned out.  These photos helped because of my daughter's outfit.  I wanted to bring out more of the dark blues, so it worked nicely.  I was heavily inspired by the beautiful frame patterned paper, which I cut up to create my background design.


I used modeling paste through the stencil here, and it created such wonderful texture.  I used both the Anchors Away & Great Fruit Shimmerz for my background, and I used the packaging technique as well as a brush.  I used some patterned paper & tissue paper behind my photos for layers & texture and added some light blue tangled thread for some subtle interest.


I machine stitched through a lot of the frames using gold thread.  I mixed the Gather gold scripty alphas with the bold Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills dark blue alphas for my title.  This cluster here is a mix of Simple Stories die cuts, Crate Paper & Pinkfresh chipboard, and a Crate paper wood button. 


I added more machine stitching over here on the left side...I just love the close zig zag stitch.  It really adds a nice shine with the pretty gold!  Here you can see the splatters I created with the Shimmerz, and I also added some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine...as always, it's gorgeous and sparkly!


That adorable camera is from Simple Stories, and I added pop dots under it.  I have to say, I was worried about these colors, but seeing it all together is really pretty.  Never underestimate Kimberly's ability to put together some gorgeous kits that always seem to work so nicely!


Here's my process video for this page where you can see exactly how this layout came together.  I hope it gives you some inspiration!


Thanks for visiting me, and have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

  1. Missy I love your work but I have one question? What size do you have your photos sized at for your layouts?

    ReplyDelete