Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Fun Colors / A Flair For Buttons

Hey there, and Happy Wednesday!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for A Flair For Buttons.  I have been wanting to dig into the new Pink Paislee Take Me Away collection by Paige Evans for a while now, and I finally got the chance!  I just adore the colors, and I chose two fun flair to use with it.  I pulled flair from the Tell Your Story 1 and Watercolor Designs sets.  I love how flair buttons accent a layout and really stand out as a fun embellishment.

I tore that beautiful hexagon paper at a diagonal angle and adhered it to some white cardstock.  I covered a lot of the area with white gesso and then used lots of Shimmerz Paints.  I used the ever-famous packaging technique and mixed and matched a few colors to get the perfect shade of that beautiful reddish-pink.  I also added in some light purple and yellow as well as some silvery gray splatters.  I used some patterned paper & die cuts for layers under the photo as well a a few messy circle die cuts I got from Spiegelmom Scraps.  I also added some MAMBI stickers for a few final touches.


I just adore these watercolor flair!  So pretty, light and airy, and the perfect match for this collection.  I created this little cluster down at the bottom using a punched ssentiment, a few chipboard hearts, a few buttons and some enamel dots.  I also used that cute banner die cut with some thread added in.  As part of my watercolor background, I also used a small hexagon stencil as a stamp.  It's very subtle.  I just sprayed the Shimmerz right onto it and then stamped it down.


I layered the other flair right over my photo's edge.  Since my photo was raised up with some foam, I added a small piece under the flair to make it even.  I also added more thread, more enamel dots, another punched piece and a fun wood veneer heart.


I just had to use this "colors" Thicker...I love it, and it's so pretty!  And my daughter was using sidewalk chalk in this photo, and she had all the "colors" on her face :D  To complete the title, I used some of the mirrored acrylic shape stickers.  To make "colors" stand out against the background, I used some bright yellow thread.  I love how that adds to the "messy" factor :)  I also added a few MAMBI stickers mainly because they matched...haha!


I love these unique embellishments...the pretty wood veneer & acrylic shapes.  These fun Tim Holtz phrase stickers are so awesome, and they said pretty much everything I was thinking, so I used them for my journaling.


Here are the flair sets I used:



Here's my process video for this page.  I hope you enjoy and get some fun inspiration!



Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonderful day!  Don't forget to check out the A Flair For Buttons Etsy shop.....so many amazing flair there!

1 comment:

  1. Love this page and love your style, you said on Live Inspired you have a tutorial on how you do your thread, where can I find that? I looked on You tube but did not see it-HELP!

    ReplyDelete