Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Sweet Paige / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I'm back today with a new layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2019 July Hip Kits.  I wanted to scrap a soft colored page featuring some of the blue elements in the kits.  I started with one of the watercolored Pinkfresh Studio papers.  I tore a chunk of it and attached it to a sheet of white cardstock.  I covered a lot of the background with white gesso so I could add some of the Lindy’s Stamp Gang Sunburst Sprays.  I mostly wanted blue on the background, so I mixed some of the Blue Hawaiian Blue Spray from the Color Kit with a few blue Shimmerz from previous Color Kits.  I also created a few orange/yellow areas using the Yellow Rose of Texas mixed with Hibiscus Rose, both from Lindy’s in the Color Kit.


I did lots of fussy cutting here.  I wanted to have bits and pieces cascading vertically down the torn edge, so I cut some flowers, circles and shapes from various papers.  I also added in a few of the One Canoe Two Rub-Ons for added detail.  Some of the flowers I popped off the page using adhesive foam.


I used a few Pocket Life cards as layers behind the photo and added foam under that as well.  Here you can see some splatters.  I created this orange color by mixing the yellow and pink spray together.


I went short and simple with my title.  I used the Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Stickers, and I just love the mix of fonts here.


Overlapping flowers is one of my favorite things to do.  I love the variety here, and by just gluing down the centers the petals are easily bent up for dimension.


Here’s a closer look at the blue on the background.  I love the effect of using a few different shades of blue.  I always recommend purchasing the Color Kit each month if you love mixed media because the previous colors are almost always going to match newer kits!


I love how this rub-on turned out on the background.  It went on very smoothly and the way it looks over the mixed media is so neat.


I punched this piece from a Pocket Life card.  I added some foam under it to raise it up.  I love how it stands out against the blue ink.


One last close-up of all the details :)


I hope this inspires you in some way!  Have you fussy cut anything from any of the papers in your kit yet?  Flowers are always a winner when it comes to making your own embellishments like this. 

Be sure to check out my process video here to see all the twists and turns that this page took:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment