Sunday, July 21, 2019

Love You So Much / Cut To You

Happy Sunday, friends!  Here's another layout I created for Cut To You as the July Guest Designer.  I'm helping Gwen celebrate her one year anniversary of her wonderful cut file store.  I used the Squares Cubed cut file for this page.  I decided to make a "start from scratch" layout, meaning I began with plain white cardstock.  I coated the whole page with gesso and let it dry.  Then I used a rainbow variety of Shimmerz sprays to basically color the entire page.  I sprayed color, spritz it with water and let the colors run and blend.  Once it was completely dry, I ran it through my Cameo, cutting different sized squares.  I love how they turned out!


I used a sheet of Bazzill Mango cardstock as my base layer.  I wanted to layer all the colorful squares on it, but I wanted to add something first.  I used white gesso on the left side of the cardstock.  I used a few pink Shimmerz sprays on top of that.  I wanted pink peeking through all those squares.  Once that was dry, I layered all the squares and lightly glued them down.


I didn't glue them down flat.  I wanted them to pop off the page, so I only added a little dot of glue in a few places.


I pulled out some of my stash to create the title.  I used some older Crate Paper Thickers and some Amy Tangerine transparent alpha stickers.  I also used some new Vicki Boutin and Heidi Swapp goodies to embellish.  The little solid squares are from the cut file...I just removed the inside shapes and made them really small.


I tucked in a few more Vicki Boutin chipboard pieces here above the photo.  I also tucked in some matching colors of tangled thread around the photo.


I left lots of white space on the right side of the photo to balance all the busy parts.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the fun details :)



These cute puffy hearts are from an older Pinkfresh Studio collection.


Have you ever made a layout "from scratch"?  Sometimes it's fun to just start with white paper and build your page or embellishments.  This is great if you love mixed media because you can control your color scheme, and you're not limited to a specific collection.  It's also a great way to use up some of your stash :)

I do have a process video here:



You can get 20% off all DIGITAL DESIGNS over at Cut To You for the rest of July if you use the code HEARTMISSY.  Gwen has some really amazing designs, so you should take advantage and stock up!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment