Thursday, July 18, 2019

Pineapple Hair Don't Care / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  Here's my latest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2019 June Hip Kits, and I'm still addicting to use ALL the colors!  I just adore these bold pinks, blues and yellows.  I wanted to incorporate more black elements into this page.  I used one of the exclusive cut files for July...this cute pineapple.  When I saw it, it reminded me of these photos of me and my daughter.  Our high messy buns reminded me of a pineapple...haha.  I made it work!

I decided to use lots of colorful paper strips, so I cut a lot of bar code strips and other papers to create some horizontal strips.  I also wanted to use some of the long Vicki Boutin horizontal stickers and chipboard pieces, and this design made it easy to add them in.

Although it's hard to tell, I used a sheet of the light pink cardstock as my background (from the Cardstock Kit).  It's so soft that it's difficult to photograph.  It always looks a little washed out, but I assure you, it's pink :)


I coated a lot of the background with white gesso first to prep the paper for some mixed media.  I used all three colors of the Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Powders from the Color Kit to create some yellow, pink and blue areas.  I also mixed in a few Shimmerz from previous Color Kits.  Once that dried, I started arranging the paper strips.


After I glued them down, I machine stitched through most of them with black thread.  I chose some of the Vicki Boutin pieces to add to the strips in various places.  I also used some of the stickers from the Heidi Swapp Sticker Book.  All these colors just work so well together.


This "That Smile" piece is a Vicki Boutin Chipboard Sticker, and it was perfect for this photo...haha.  I also used my fingernails to ruffle up the edges of the paper strips to give them some messy dimension.


I added some adhesive foam under this long sticker to create some depth.


I love how this pineapple turned out.  I went through all the patterned papers and backed all those spots.  I used some of the hot pink alpha stickers from the Heidi Swapp Sticker Book for my title.  I also used some of the Heidi Swapp Stamps.


I created a little cluster at the bottom here with more Heidi Swapp stickers.  I wrote my journaling to the left here.


One more for detail's sake :)


I hope this has given you some fun ideas to try on your next layout.  I had lots of fun making it!  Sometimes my photos give me fun ideas, and sometimes the cut files do....sometimes the embellishments and papers do.  I have a video here as well:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again very soon!


1 comment:

  1. Layers, stiching, vibrant colours... I love it. You did an amazing job.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    A day without a scrapbooking is a lost day. - Author Kuverte

    ReplyDelete