Thursday, July 4, 2019

June Weekend Vibes / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  And Happy 4th of July to all my American friends :)  Today I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club using the 2019 June Hip Kits.  Every time I see these bright kits I just want to use all the colors!  I went with a tropical feel for this layout.  I started with a beautiful Heidi Swapp paper from the Main Kit as my background.  I chose a bright pool photo for this, and chose embellishments that had a tropical feel.  I used lots of the Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope Stickers and Die Cuts because they were perfect!  I also used lots of the Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical Powders from the Color Kit.


I wanted to add some bright aqua to the background, so I tore a strip of Vicki Boutin paper and glued it to the background before adding white gesso.  I used the yellow Summer Lovin’ Sun & pink Hottie Patottie Hot Pink Powders from the Color Kit on top of the papers.  I wanted to use some of the Vicki Boutin birds, so I fussy cut the large one from paper, and the other two I used are from the Sticker sheet.  I layered some patterned paper and part of a Pocket Life card behind my photo.


In addition to using some of the large and small Vicki Boutin floral die cuts, I fussy cut some of the peachy colored flowers from a Simple Stories paper.  I also fussy cut JUNE from a Pocket Life card to use as part of my title.  I love those bright tropical flowers there!  Here I used lots of other colorful goodies…a few stickers from the Heidi Swapp Sticker Book, a Vicki Boutin Chipboard Sticker, and the RELAX is from a Pocket Life card.


I love these leaves!  I cut the white border off since it made the leaves stand out a little too much.  I also added a few butterfly stickers from Vicki Boutin.


Yay for layers and dimension!  I used some adhesive foam behind these pieces here to create depth and shadowing.  The Weekend Vibes sticker is vellum and see through, so I stuck it to another piece of vellum and cut it out.  I think it makes it a little sturdier and more visible.


I wrote my journaling here at the bottom using a fine tip Sharpie.


I made sure to leave lots of open white space between the main design and the cluster up at the top.  It gives the eye some resting space since there is so much going on.


I cut a piece of the top off, ruffled up the edges and added some of the aqua Vicki paper behind it.  I brought up all the colors from the bottom half of the page with more florals, leaves, stickers and thread.


One more close-up of all the pretty colors!


One more just because :)


I had a blast putting this together!  All these colors just work so well together, and it makes it easy to create fun summer pages.  I hope this one gives you an idea or two for your next page.  I have a process video here if you'd like to see how this page came together:


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you have a great  day!


No comments:

Post a Comment