Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Exuma / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends! I'm here today with a fun vacation layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring Paige’s Signage Post cut file. We recently took a trip to the Bahamas and while on a day trip we found this cool sign. This cut file is perfect for this, I couldn’t wait to scrap it! I began by cutting the design on white cardstock. I wanted it to mimic the wooden one in the photo, so I used a few brown gelatos to add color. I sorted through the Horizon 6x8 Paper Pad and a few larger papers and backed the sign. I created my own background using white cardstock, clear gesso, and a lot of spray Horizon.


To color the cut file, I smudged a bit of gelato onto the paper and then dipped my finger into some water to help blend it. I couldn’t resist doing somewhat of a rainbow color scheme with the papers. Once the cut file was backed, I popped it off the page with some adhesive foam. I wanted to create a sky and a soft beach on the background, so I used two different blue ink sprays on the background. I added lots of water and just tilted the page so the colors would run and blend together. I added a few drops of white acrylic paint to add some lighter areas, and then smudged more white paint after it dried to give the effect of clouds. I added some sandy colored paint down at the bottom for the beach. I used some of the Pick-Me-Up Mini Thickers and Whimsical Foam Mini Thickers to add text to a few of the signs.


I used several floral stickers from the Horizon Project Pad on both sides of the photo. This small pink flower was cut from the Horizon 6x8 Paper Pad, and I tucked an Epoxy Sticker underneath the photo. I tangled up coordinating colors of thread in a few places as well. I love the color and texture that adds.


I love the Shaped Paper Clips! This cute airplane was perfect for this layout. I had some open space above the photo for journaling, so I printed out sentence strips and adhered them. I used a few of the gold foiled stickers from the Project Pad. To tone down the shiny gold, I smudged a bit of white gesso over the letters. I used some of the larger gold alphas for my title on the left side of the photo and used the “destination” sticker on the signage post.


I love the effect of smudging white gesso over the really shiny alphas.  They're still shiny...just a bit toned down.  I really like this matte finish.  I rarely do a sideways title, but I think this one felt right.


All of these colors in the flower stickers compliment the colors in the sign post so well.  I wanted something bright and fun on this side of the page, and flowers were it!  I also added a pop of lime green with some tangled thread.




More close-ups of all the dimension and details :)





I love hos shimmery the background turned out!


This layout was so much fun to make! Have you ever had the perfect cut file for one of your photos? This one was meant to be! I hope this inspires you in some way. Be sure to check out my process video here for all the details.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. I just love this project. I purchased the signpost and will try it out.

    ReplyDelete