Monday, July 1, 2019

NEW Shimmerz July Color Kitz + a Layout

Hey, friends!  Happy July!  I'm here to share the new Shimmerz Paints July Color Kitz with you.  First up is the Missy Whidden Color Kitz.  It's full of bright summery colors!

The Missy Kit contains:
  • NEW Coloringz In Deep
  • Coloringz Lil' Yellow Skool Bus
  • Shimmerz Marigold
  • Inklingz Corney  Flower Blue
The Kit also contains three exclusive Summer Dotz and a gorgeous sun & cloud cut file designed by Paige Evans!  The prices is $18.95. Check it out:


Here's a layout I created with this Kit.  I began by cutting the cut file on my Silhouette Cameo on textured white cardstock.  I had intentions of backing it, but when I saw the inner pieces on my cutting mat, I decided to use those instead.  So I peeled them off and painted them all using all four colors in the kit.  I used another sheet of white cardstock as my base, and I used Vibez Jeni B Bleu to create a watercolor sky.  I placed the actual cut file back onto the background and placed all the pieces back into place like a puzzle.  All that was left was to add my photo and embellishments.


Look at these blues! Yum!  I colored the clouds first by spraying the In Deep over them, leaving some areas lighter than others.  Then I used a brush to apply some of the Corney Flower Blue in various spots. It's more of a silvery light blue, so it's a great contrast to the royal blue color.  Once I placed all the pieces back on top of the cut file, I popped them all up using some adhesive foam.


I painted the rays the same way.  I started by spraying the Lil' Yellow Skool Bus first, then used a brush to paint on the Marigold closer to the smaller parts of the rays.  I used my finger to smudge the colors so they blended together from darker to lighter.  Again, I added foam under them to raise them up.


I really love all the dimension here created with the foam.  It just makes everything pop right off the page!


I pulled out some older Echo Park and Bo Bunny summer stash and embellished around my photo.  I used stickers mostly.  I also used two of the Dotz from the Kit...the cloud and the sun.


I chose an up-close photo of my daughter for this layout.  I placed the photo under the sun and traced it.  I then fussy cut it out and added some foam behind it.  I layered a fun scalloped sticker behind the top arc of it along with some tangled thread in coordinating colors.


I think the dimension just makes this so much more fun!  Here you can also see that I machine stitched around the outer circle using some light blue thread.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the fun colors.  You can see the shimmer in various lights.  The two sprays are Coloringz, which means they do not have any shimmer.  The Marigold and Corney Flower Blue are VERY shimmery.



I also added a few of the new Simple Stories stickers, including these phrase stickers in place of my journaling.




I hope this inspires you in some way!  This is such a fun Color Kit, and it's perfect for all your summer photos!  I have a process video here showing you all the details:



Here's a look at the other July Color Kit available today as well. It's perfect for July 4th!  The price is $13.95.

This Color Kitz contains:
  • NEW Vibez Seas the Day
  • Shimmerz Royal Red
  • Blingz Pixie Dust
  • Inklingz Me & Blue
  • SpiegelMom Scraps Gold Sequins


Go HERE to get your kitz!  I hope you have a GREAT week!


1 comment: