Friday, July 5, 2019

Smile / Cut To You Guest Designer

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm so excited to share that I'm a Guest Designer for Cut To You this month!  My friend Gwen Wruck started her own cut file shop one year ago, and she's celebrating this month.  She asked me to help her celebrate, and of course I said yes :)  I created this layout using her Spring Roses cut file and some gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Happiness goodies.

I began by cutting the roses on textured white cardstock.  I decided to add mixed media to them instead of backing them with patterned papers.  I first smudged some white gesso over the flowers using my fingers.  Next, I used gelatos to add color.  I just scribbled some color down, dipped my finger in a bit of water, and smudged the color around the flowers.


Gelatos are so fun and easy to use.  It's easy to blend multiple colors together.  The gesso and water make them blend really nicely.  I used smooth white cardstock as my background, which I coated with clear gesso first.  I used some blue Shimmerz to create the big blue watercolor area.  I used Vibez Jeni B Bleu and Vibez Deep Blue Sea.


I used this color scheme on the flowers to match the colors in the Happiness collection.  I've been hoarding it because it's just sooooo pretty and artsy!  I used one of the big floral die cuts under my photo and several leave sprigs around the cut file.  I also added some texture and detail using lots of sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps.


Everything here is from the Happiness collection.  I used a die cut word for my title, which I glued right on top of the photo.  I fussy cut this big pin/red butterfly from a patterned paper, and the blue butterfly is a die cut.  I also added some lime green thread here for a pop of color and texture.


I really love the detail from the sequins...very subtle but also fun to look at!


I fussy cut a few more butterflies from patterned paper here as well as a sentiment.  The fun thing about flowers and butterflies is when you only glue down the centers, you can fold up the edges to create dimension.


Here are a few more close-ups...


I did add a few more splatters around the page in blue, pink and green.



I hope this inspires you in some way!  I loved making it.  Gwen provided me with a discount code for 20% off her DIGITAL cut files HERE in her shop all month long.  Use code HEARTMISSY to get yourself some beautiful cut files!  You can also use that code in her Etsy store.

Be sure to check out my process video here for all the details:


Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love your style of scrapbooking!! I was wondering what size/sizes of pictures you use on your layouts? Do you print them yourself and if you do what printer do you use? Thanks Laura

    ReplyDelete