Friday, May 10, 2019

Rare & Beautiful / Hip Kit Club

It's Friday...woo hoo!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2019 April Hip Kits.  I realized I hadn’t used any stickers from the Dear Lizzy Sticker Sheet in the Embellishment Kit, so I began with that.  I love the yellows, oranges, pinks and reds together.   I used a few photos of my daughter standing by a therapy horse at school, and I think they match really well.


I began with some of the Tutu Pink Cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.  I covered a lot of it with white gesso and then came in with some of the Lindy’s Gang Starburst Sprays from last month’s Color Kit as well as some of the Fuzzy Navel Peach Magical Powder from the April Color Kit.  I also used a few Shimmerz from previous kits to create a fun watercolor design behind everything.  I layered in a lot of the cute fruit stickers and hearts around the photos.


I added more of the Dear Lizzy stickers on the left side.


This cute banner sticker fit perfectly under the photos.  I hadn’t used any of those metallic gold Maggie Holmes shapes, either, so I incorporated them onto my page.  I muted the gold brassy effect by smudging some white gesso over them.  This gives them more of a softer shine.  This row of hearts was perfect for the space under the banner.  I also added an exclusive puffy sticker there as well.


Here you can see how they still shine, but with more of a muted effect.  I think this matches well with the soft gold on the Dear Lizzy stickers.  I did add some adhesive foam under the banner here to create some dimension.


I wrote my journaling in gold pen instead of black.  I wanted to keep the softness going, and I felt gold was a better choice since the page has no black on it.


This balloon sticker is adorable, and it was perfect for the center of the two photos.  I tucked in some metallic gold thread here as well as a piece of Horizon paper.


One more close-up of the details and dimension!


I hope this inspires you to use something from the kits that you haven’t touched yet.  I need to challenge myself to do this more often.  Be sure to check out my process video here if you’d like to see this layout come together.



Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment