Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Favorite Hugs / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club using the 2019 May Hip Kits.  I decided to focus on some of the more muted colors in the kits for this one since last week I went very rainbow bright.  I started with an intimidating patterned paper...that dark striped paper from Crate Paper (Main Kit).  I challenged myself to use it, and so I tore a chunk of it to use.  I also tore a bit of the pink paper, which is from Pinkfresh Studio.  I layered them together, glued them down onto some smooth white cardstock and smudged some white gesso on top.  I chose color photos that have mostly neutral colors in them.

I used the Color Kit on the background...mostly the Afternoon Delight Denim Magical Shaker from Lindy's Gang mixed with a bit of Deep Blue Sea Shimmerz (from an older kit).  I wanted to create a nice big blue watercolor area behind the photos since I had a lot of pink going on.


I fussy cut these large pink flowers from a Dear Lizzy paper and used those as layers around the photos.  I also fussy cut this brighter pink floral cluster from a Pocket Life card.  I love the different variations of pink with those mixed together.  I also tucked in some blue thread here as well as some exclusive sequins & heart die cut and a Crate Paper epoxy sticker.


Here on the left, I used lots of goodies.  I fussy cut another matching floral cluster and added in some die cuts, stickers and thread.  Check out this awesome bow!  There is a whole set of exclusive fabric bows in the kits, and I used this beautiful blue one here.  Also, those acetate butterflies are exclusive...aren't they SO pretty?!  I used a few of those here, and I machine stitched through the centers and bent up the wings.


You can layer these since there are solid ones and patterned ones, but I just used them by themselves.  So pretty and subtle!



One of my favorite things about torn edges is the dimension.  It's easy to curl up the edges or let them stand up a bit off the page.  And it just adds to the fun factor, I think :D



I went simple with the title.  I used a Crate Paper sticker and some of the light blue foam Thickers.  I also added in a few more Crate Paper stickers here.


One more because I love it!


What have you been creating with your May Hip Kits?  Have you used those butterflies yet?  They are so cool!  I hope this inspires you in some way...I loved making this and challenging myself to start with a paper that kind of scared me...haha.  Don't be afraid to use some different colors than you're used to...I did that and made it work for me.

Here's my process video if you're interested:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment