Sunday, May 5, 2019

My Sunshine / Hip Kit Club iNSD

Happy Sunday, friends!  I hope you're enjoying an awesome weekend of scrapping since everyone is celebrating International Scrapbooking Day!  This is a layout I created for my Mixed Media / Stencil Challenge over on the Hip Kit Club Member Forum.  There are challenges going up every hour through 6pm tonight (Sunday, May 5th).  So many fun things to do, and lots of prizes to win!  So go check it out if you haven't!  Oh, there are is also a huge blowout sale going on over there, too!

My challenge was to use a stencil and some mixed media products.  I used the Paige Evans stencil from the April Color Kit in two different ways.  I first scraped modeling paste over it on some white cardstock to create some fun texture.  While that dried, I sprayed some Shimmerz and Lindy's Spray Inks from different Color Kits on top of the stencil and then flipped it over and stamped it down.  You get a totally different look, and it's fun to use in a new way.

Once the paste dried, I sprayed the same sprays over it and let it run in between the paste.  Once that was all dry, I grabbed a few circle punches and went to town.  This is what I came up with :)  Everything is from the 2019 April Hip Kits.


This technique is great if you want a mixed media look without getting too messy on your background.  The punched shapes still give the "messy" parts a clean look.  I used one of the Paige Evans Horizon papers as my background, and I love how the dark blue contrasts with the bright circles.  The texture on them is so cool!  I machine stitched through some of them for added texture and detail.


I punched this phrase from one of the Pocket Life cards and paired it with some of the exclusive puffy stickers.  I had some open space on the side of the photo, so I overlapped it.  I also tucked in some matching colors of tangled thread. Again, more color and texture!


I wanted to use these bits in a fun way.  The chipboard pieces are from the Horizon Chipboard Stickers, and these little charms are from the Maggie Holmes Sunny Days collection (all in this month's kits).  I made little banners out of them with some white embroidery thread.  I mixed and matched my title using some of the exclusive transparent alpha letters and a fussy cut word from a Horizon patterned paper.


More close-ups of the awesome texture from that stencil :)



Above the photo, I layered in one of the Dear Lizzy dimensional stickers and another puffy sticker.  I did do a little bit of work on the background...just some white gesso smudged with a palette knife and my fingers as well as some splatters from watered down white acrylic paint.  I love how that pops on the navy blue!


The banners turned out really cute, I think!



I hope this inspires you to pull out your stencils and mixed media goodies!  Just play around and have fun with it.  I really love all the projects uploaded into the forum so far...everyone is doing such a great job!

Here's my video if you're interested...



Thanks for stopping by, and happy scrapping!!


No comments:

Post a Comment