Thursday, May 9, 2019

Love Sweet Reese / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Thursday, friends!  I have a new layout for Pinkfresh Studio to share today.  I was sorting through the Joyful Day collection and the packaging for the Chipboard Frames jumped out at me.  I decided to use it as a featured design element on my layout.  I love how it turned out!

I used thick white cardstock as my base, and I coated it and the chipboard with gesso.  I glued the chipboard down and then pulled out the Liquid Watercolors.  I thought a rainbow color scheme would be pretty, so I watercolored each frame a different color.  I added some white acrylic paint in the mix to lighten the colors up and add some variation.  I used a black and white photo to really enhance all those bright colors.

 

I decided to go for a tone-on-tone look.  I embellished with lots of little goodies...Stickers, Mixed Embellishments, Die Cut Ephemera, Puffy Stickers and some images I fussy cut from the Simple Pleasures paper.  I also machine stitched through the chipboard with some white thread for added texture and detail.


At first I wanted to keep the watercolor inside all the frames.  Later on, I felt like the rest of the layout was too white and clean.  I decided to extend some of the watercolor to the outside of the frames, and it made a big difference.


It's fun to mix and match all the bits & pieces like this.  I always look closely at the patterned papers to see what I can fussy cut.  In a few of the frames I tucked in some coordinating colors of tangled thread.  I even kept the color blocking going with the title.


I added some adhesive foam under some of the embellishments to make sure the height stayed even with the chipboard.


Have you ever used packaging like this on a layout?  It makes is so easy to create depth.  And this big piece kept my background from bending and warping since it's so big :)


More details of the textures...


I was so happy to see that this space was perfect for this big "love" puffy sticker.  The "l" drops so low, and it fit so nicely beside the photo.  And it was the perfect color!


One more!


I hope this gives you some inspiration to try on your next page!  It was a lot of fun to make.  The frames created the best little spaces for embellishing.

Check out all the details and more here in my video:



Thank you so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment