Thursday, May 2, 2019

Follow Your Dreams / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2019 April Hip Kits and one of the exclusive cut files for this month.  I wanted to go bright and Springy for this page, so I cut several kites in different sizes using white cardstock.  I used the gorgeous sunburst paper from the Paige Evans Horizon collection in the Main Kit to back each kite.  My photo helped me design this page.  My daughter is looking up and to the left, so I arranged the photo and the kites so it looks like she's looking up at them.  Sometimes your photo can easily dictate where everything will go :)

I created a pretty blue color wash on the background using white cardstock.  I used the blue Lindy's Gang Magical Powder from the Color Kit along with Shimmerz Frost Bite from an older Color Kit.  I coated the cardstock with clear gesso first and then added all the color.  You can see exactly how I did this in my process video down below.


Since the kites were so bright and colorful, I kept most of the embellishing close around the photo.  I layered some exclusive Pocket Life cards behind the photo one of which I tore.  I added two of the pink photo corners from Heidi Swapp.  Those cute little puffy hearts are from the exclusive sticker sheet.  Everything else is from the Paige Evans Horizon collection.  I love the mix and match colors...it all goes so perfectly together!


I wanted to tie in more of this dark blue, so this Horizon sticker was perfect for this space.  I also added in some matching colors of tangled thread for added color & texture.


This cute puffy sentiment sticker is from the exclusive puffy sticker sheet.


I decided to add a little tone-on-tone detail to each kite with a heart sticker.  These are all from Horizon...some are chipboard and some are regular stickers.


I love all the wild strings hanging from the kits...it creates such a fun & whimsical effect.


Here are even more close-ups of all the details :)




I hope this sparks some fun ideas for your next project!  I had a lot of fun making it.  I seriously can't get enough of all these bright colors.  Be sure to check out my process video for all the details!



Thank you so much for stopping in today....I'll be back again tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment