Wednesday, May 1, 2019

NEW Shimmerz May Color Kits + Mixed Media Layout

Happy May, friends!  I'm so excited to share the NEW Color Kits for Shimmerz Paints!  I'm so excited about the color schemes for the kits this month!  First up is the Missy Whidden Color Kit.  It contains FOUR Shimmerz Paints, a beautiful exclusive cut file designed by Paige Evans, and three exclusive Dotz.

This kit contains TWO brand new colors!

Vibez--Rip Van Periwinkle (New)
Shimmerz--Iris My Case (New)
Inklingz--Coral Reef
Spritz--Granny Gray

You can purchase the kit HERE for $20.95.  The cut file is only available with the kit purchase.  And believe me, you will definitely want it!


Here is the layout I created using this kit.  I think this color scheme is beautiful!  I began by coating a sheet of thick smooth white cardstock with clear gesso.  This preps the paper, and when dry it allows all the liquids to spread and blend without soaking right through.  I sprayed the Vibez Rip Van Periwinkle directly onto the paper, spritzed it a bit with water and then titled the paper in different directions to let it run.  I did the same thing with the Iris My Case and Coral Reef.  These colors can give you different shades depending on how many coats you use, how much water you might add to it, etc.

I basically created a color wash of blue and coral.  I decided to lay the cut file on top of the background, and I went with having the flowers hang from the top of the page.  Who says they have to start at the bottom, right?  I love how this turned out.



These blues are really gorgeous!  My favorite thing about all of these different products is the finish.  The Vibez has a strong shimmer.  The Shimmerz has a strong glittery shimmer.  The Inklingz gives you a sheer shimmer, and the Spritz gives more of a lighter shimmer.


I used a sweet color photo of me and my daughter.  I embellished around it using all three of the Dotz, some tangled thread and some punched flowers.  I used a few coral and periwinkle colored patterned papers from the Paige Evans' Horizon and Turn the Page collections.  I added in the Granny Gray after everything was dry.  I splattered it all over for a bit of a metallic shine.  I also used it to color a white foam word sticker to the left of the photo.


I wanted some detail in the center of the flowers, so I clustered in some sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps.


Here you can see the shimmer in the light :)


And the sheer shimmer of the Inklingz :)


I mixed and matched my title here.  I used some older Bella Blvd alpha stickers along with some newer Pinkfresh Studio puffy alphas.  A perfect match!


I love when I'm able to overlap something on top of my photo.  This flower was perfect to do just that over the bottom right corner.  I finished that area off with a sentiment sticker from a Tim Holtz sticker book.


This cute sticker is from a very old Shimelle sticker book, and it matched perfectly.

asdf

I hope this inspires you to give this kit a try!  I really love it, and putting it all together makes for a beautiful layout.  I do have a process video here with even more details!



But wait....there's more!  Here is the other May Color Kit!  It's $15.95, and it also contains a NEW color!  Look how fresh and Springy these colors are...sooooo good!   Be sure to check this one out as well.  All the details are listed with the kits in the Shimmerz Paint Store.



Thank you so much for stopping by today, and happy scrapping!!


1 comment: