Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Hello Spring / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Tuesday, friends!  Here is another layout I created for Pinkfresh Studio using the Joyful Day collection along with the Embroidered Blossoms Die Set.  I love using the Liquid Watercolors, and I was in the mood to create some flowers. 

I cut lots of different sized flowers and leaves on some white mixed media paper using my manual die cutting machine.  I spritzed them with water and then added some of the watercolor using a small brush.  The water helps the color to spread and blend, and I just love all the fun colors.  I painted the leaves the same way using a few of the green watercolors.  I also cut a few flowers using some of the Joyful Day patterned papers.  I added a touch of the watercolors to them as well to add some shading.

I decided to create a half circle arc for my design.  This Spring photo of my daughter was perfect for this!


I love all the colors and textures from the flowers.  Before adhering anything, I added some watercolor to the white cardstock background.  I first added some clear gesso, and then came in with the pink and yellow watercolors.  I used a brush mostly.  I tucked in a bit of tangled thread in matching colors here and there and then very carefully glued it all down.  I always like to leave room for the ends to bend up.


Here you can see how cool the effect of the watercolor is on the flowers & leaves.  And I love how the plain flowers look mixed in with the patterned paper ones.


To get this half circle shape just right, I used a large bowl and traced it with a pencil.  So high tech...haha!


I went very simple for my title.  I combined both sets of puffy alpha stickers from the collection.  I love how the block letters look mixed with the scripty ones.  I added my journaling at the end, and I used a pink fine tip Sharpie.


A few more close-ups...



One last shot of the cluster I created in the upper left hand corner using the same things.  I also used a few of the Joyful Day Die Cut Ephemera pieces.


I hope this inspires you in some way, or at least gives you a few ideas to try on your next page.  I truly love these dies...it's really fun to paint your own flowers!  Be sure to check out my process video here for more details:



Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment